.tech podcast by Form3
Ep 1 .tech: How and why you should move to Go with Johan Brandhorst & Andy Kuszyk
In this episode, we introduce our new .tech series led by our Head of Platform Engineering, Kevin Holditch. Kevin tackles how, why and when you should move to Go with the help of Johan Brandhorst & Andy Kuszyk.
In this episode, we invited Johan Brandhorst from Buf & our very own Andy Kuszyk to dive into the wonderful world of Go, with a new host for our tech-focused series, Kevin Holditch.
Our new .tech series invites guests inside and outside of Form3, discussing what's going on in the engineering community, sheds light about how engineering works at Form3 and gives engineers advice.
Topics/questions covered in this episode:
- How did our guests get into Go?
- Was it difficult?
- How easy was it to pick up?
- What are the limitations of Go?
- Go vs Java
- What are the pros and cons?
- How does Go work for Form3?
- Ruby on Rails vs Go - What are the advantages and disadvantages?
- Go vs Python
- What's great with Python?
- How does it scale compared to Go?
- Tangible examples where Go should be used and why
- What are the tools that can add value in Go?
- The input you can have as an individual contributor on the Go community
- How does error management work in Go?
- What's coming next in Go and what would you like to see added to the language?
- What's the best way to way learn Go?
Interested in joining Form3? - https://hubs.li/H0zlrGd0